We all have goals we want to accomplish. As I stated in a previous blog I am constantly making and revising resolutions for myself. This is my newest list. These are goals I am setting for myself for 2009. (followed by action statements - 'cause supposedly that helps you achieve them!) Be forewarned this blog may be very, very boring unless you are me!
I should mention that I think success is measured in by degrees. No-one is perfect - no one is infallible. I will not beat myself up if I do not fully achieve these. If I accomplish my goals 90% of the time I am sucessful!! (and gosh darn it people like me~!)
1) I will not let food and drink control me. I will control my food and drink. By:
- losing 12% of my body weight
- limiting alcohol
- exercising a minimum of 4 days/week
- building muscle definition
- achieving a 12 min mile
2) I will create a home environment that is pleasant and functional that does not contribute to my haze but alleviates it. By:
- consistently coming up with a healthy weekly menu
- freezing meals ahead of time
- eating out not more than once/week
- tackling organization projects like the tupperware black hole and my closet of nightmares
3) I will leave gossip and sour grapes behind. By:
- focusing on Philippians 2 as a 'health attitude' guideline:
- not contributing to gossip and slander no matter how much I may feel justified (if cant say anything nice . . . )
- remembering that we are none of us perfect, righteous or holy - so who am I to criticize?
- learning to just walk away . . . . !