Saturday, December 13, 2008

OMGosh! This is the best

BREAD I have ever made! I adapted this from an herb bread recipe - I was looking for something with chickpea flour and couldn't find what I was looking for. Chickpea flour is also called Garbanzo Bean flour and also called Besan Flour it's easily found in the any natural or whole foods market. If you have never tried this it has a mild & sweet flavor - a bit 'greener' than 'nutty' - well worth trying! Also, it is naturally high in protein and fiber - what could be better??

I decided to play around a bit and this turned out much better than I anticipated!! I did this in the bread machine - but you could do this in your oven if you prefer - just take it out of the bread maker after the second rise and bake in the oven. Don't ask me how long though . . . I have no idea!


Rosemary Besan Bread

1 1/3cups warm water
1/4 cup olive oil
2 teas white sugar
2 teas salt (I may use 1 1/2 next time because I like a milder salty taste in my bread)
1/4 teas Italian seasoning
1/4 teas coarse ground black pepper (I will use a touch more next time)
1 Tablespoon dried Rosemary
3 cups unbleached all purpose flour
1/3 cup chickpea (Besan) flour
2 1/2 teas dry active yeast

put in bread-machine in order and use the Basic cycle. Amazing!!!

No comments: