Sunday, April 21, 2013

Easy Window Cleaner

I've been inspired lately to create non-toxic, environmentally and wallet friendly versions of some of my everyday house-hold cleaners.  They are inexpensive, work just as well (if not better!) than store bought versions - and I know exactly what goes into them!


Window Cleaner


2 cups Water (pre-boiled)
3 TBS lemon juice
1 TBS vinegar


UPDATE:

Okay here is the buzz on this.  I like this window cleaner - but I don't love it.  Yet.  After having used commercial window cleaner for so long - this one seems to take more effort to use - mostly because it stays wet on the surface for longer. (thus longer wiping time) I've done a bit of research on this one and a lot of sites say to add a TBS of rubbing alcohol.  The alcohol will evaporate quickly causing the spray to dry faster and require less polishing time.

I'll update again if I decide to try that :)

If you make your own cleaners - I'd love to hear about it!

No comments: