Friday, March 13, 2009

I swear this is not a food blog . . .

however I had the best food last night! Eric and I went to McGraths Fishhouse for his birthday and it was so, so good! We had clams to start and the broth was this really rich and yummy wine, garlic and butter mixture . . . I remarked to Eric that my friend J would probably be eating the broth with a spoon as she is known to sometimes do - lol!

Anyway it inspired me to try something similar in my crockpot today. This is not really diet friendly but I think it will be so, so good!

Crockpot Salmon (with wine, butter and garlic)
4 (4-6oz) portions salmon fillet
1/3 cup butter
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup vegetable broth
1/4 cup lemon juice
2-3 tablespoons minced garlic
1 can partially drained diced tomatoes
1 scant teas dried italian seasoning

cook on low for 4-6 hrs or until Salmon is done to your likeness. I am serving this with whole wheat couscous with peas & parmesan.

6 comments:

byumomof4 said...

oooh! that sounds SO yummy... I will have to try it...
when I get a new crockpot... sigh.

StefRobrts said...

Wow, that sounds really good! Let us know how it turns out!

Unknown said...

okay this was REALLY good! 4hrs was more than enough our salmon was falling apart tender. Even the kids ate it! I will make this again for sure~!

Georgie said...

sounds delicious. :)

Mer said...

Hey... there is nothing wrong with food blogs. ;)

Jaynie Roberts said...

That is so funny!! YES, I would def be eating the broth with a spoon! YUM!