Wednesday, February 15, 2012

chocolate green smoothie

This did NOT sound very appetizing to me when I first read the recipe. BUT I gave it a try - cause I am searching for more whole food, plant based, High nutrient recipes. 

Imagine my surprise when this was ACTUALLY yummy - huh :)

Green Chocolate Smoothie:
(serves 1 - could be doubled)
1 hand-full, baby organic spinach (about 5oz)
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 banana
2 pitted medjool dates (easily found in bulk section)
1 teas unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup light chocolate soy or almond milk

Blend this up really, really well and it comes out a nice milkshak-y consistency.  The dates are very sweet - I may only use one the next time I try this :) 

2 comments:

byumomof4 said...

that is freaking me out... maybe I will have to try it...

Unknown said...

P - knowing your LOVE of chocolate milkshakes - I would add an extra 1/2 teas of cocoa and maybe a ice-cube or two. :)