Monday, April 13, 2009

what to make when you have not bought groceries in over a week??

So its Monday again and that means being creative in the kitchen with what is left from the week. Here's what is in my crock-pot today:

Chicken with Spinach, Green olives and Tomato:
12 chicken breast tenders (frozen)
1 pkg, chopped spinach (frozen)
1 tsp pre-minced garlic (refrigerator)
2 tbps green olive tapenade leftover from a party (refrigerator)
6 garlic stuffed Sicilian green olives sliced (refrigerator)
1 can low sodium diced tomatoes (cupboard)
cracked black pepper to taste

I will make some rice to serve with this. WINCO tomorrow!

1 comment:

shaniber said...

dangit, you're a genius when it comes to making the leftovers and bits-and-pieces into something delicious sounding. I look in my cupboards and say "sheesh... I've got to nothing to make. cheese sandwiches again!"

you've inspired me to look more closely the next time I need to make something for supper.

s.